Boston, MA – USA
A camp-based program for 16-18 or 19+ year-old individual Participants, lasting either 8 or 15 days
The first Youth Meeting was held in 1969. Youth Meetings bring small groups of young people, of similar ages together from different countries within a region.
Individual Youth Meetings are for 25-35 participants (aged 16-18 or 19+), coordinated by adult staff.
Join a Youth Meeting and explore aspects of a theme that affects us all, such as democracy, and share your perspectives and learn from each other. You will also think about how you can use what you gain from your experience – new understanding and planning and communication skills – beyond the camp in your school, college or community. As with all of our programs, you will find there is an emphasis on friendship and fun!
Take a Peek at a CISV Youth Meeting
Want to know approximate costs?
Because CISV is a non-profit, volunteer organization, program and administrative costs are reasonable compared to similar programs. Total participation costs vary according to the particular program and location. Costs include, but are not limited to, program fees and travel expenses. Generally speaking, CISV program costs are comparable to those incurred when sending a child to a typical summer camp for three or four weeks. We have limited financial assistance available based on need. Costs vary from year to year, program to program, but the estimate below gives an approximate idea of what’s involved monetarily.
Youth Meeting Delegate (16-18 year-olds) –
International and Domestic Youth Meeting Program Fees:
– $1,565. fee (includes National. International and Local fees, training for leaders and volunteers, CISV two year family membership, background checks, insurance, administrative costs, and 2 tickets to annual fundraising gala.)
Additional expenses include:
-Airfare for the delegate- varies
-Spending money, Refundable emergency money
-Host family gift, staff thank you’s, National night supplies, delegate booklet, trading items, goodie bags.
–Passport, Visa (as required)
Applying to be a Youth Meeting Delegate and need to find application material?
CISV Travel Policy
- Section 1 – Village, Step Up, Youth Meeting, and Interchange delegations shall travel to and from the site of the approved CISV activity as a group. Travel shall be direct and continuous to and from the CISV activity site. No side trips shall be permitted. No layover in excess of 24 hours shall be permitted unless common carrier schedules require otherwise. Delegation itineraries must be approved by the local Chapter.
- Section 2 – Penalties-Violations of Section 1 will result in action against the Chapter or Steering Committee pursuant to the complaint procedure (83-BOT-2) of CISV, Inc.
- Section 3 – Individual travel (as in the case of Junior Counselors, individual Youth Meeting, or Seminar Camp participants) other than to and from the site of an approved CISV activity shall be deemed non-CISV travel. CISV assumes no responsibility or liability for an individual while on side trip or layover in excess of 24 hours.
Parent Resources – Post-Selection
- Parent Handbook
- Village Guide
What to do before Youth Meeting?
- Get involved with the Junior Branch.
- Meet with Village delegation at least four times (2 day & 2 overnight) to prepare.